- Hierarchically List Your Fiber Assets from Map Regions to Signals on a Cable
- Perform Complex Queries on Your Network Infrastructure
- Reduce Paper Waste
- Locate Outages Quickly and Accurately from OTDR Traces
- Integrate with Networking Monitoring Services
Take an object that was displayed in one workspace and show it logically in another workspace. Transport Topology workspace can be showing a graphical view of the ports and conductors that exist from a transmitter to a receiver. This topology can be sent over to the Map Workspace to see how it is routed.
Take that same Transport Topology workspace and send it over to the Grab Bag Palette to create a report of all of the data attributes that make up the ports and conductors.
Thematic coloring appropriate to the objects being displayed
Project status, object status, object type, object owner, fiber is lit, is connected, leased, etc
Copy and paste to create new items. Copy a structure from one region and paste it in another region to create a new structure with duplicated equipment inside.
A user can always access the Information Palette for a selected item.This includes up to 30 graphical or data views related to the item that was selected (i.e. select a route and see the customer list, cross sectional view, sheath segment matrix, conductor list, duct hierarchy, etc).
Many of the graphic views can be pushed to Visio to use as a starter for external reports
Ability to print the view.
Ability to alter tooltips or data columns to show just the desired data
Using FiberBase to perform network planning affords many benefits both to the network administrator and to overall network efficiency:
FiberBase allows you to:
- Optimize your equipment placement
- Calculate the shortest path for a signal prior to installing any actual equipment
- Determine the best and most economical choices for new equipment purchases by modeling it in your actual network
- Review multiple options in network design
Network Maintenance is another area where FiberBase can save you time and money
FiberBase allows you to:
- Quickly identify network damage on a GIS Map using an OTDR trace
- Track network changes over time
- Store historic OTDR traces
- Store audit-able maintenance and asset reports
- Perform financial calculations based on your network assets
- Provide detailed reports for work orders
- Calculate which test equipment will be compatible with a given span